THE NEW SEASON FOR FUTURENET SAILING TEAM IS JUST ABOUT TO BEGIN
On April 27-28, 2019, Polish city Krynica Morska will be the host of the 1st Omega class regatta in the new season. FutureNet Sailing Team will be there to start its campaign aimed to defend two titles from last year.
Last season belonged fully to sailors from FuturNet Sailing team. Our athletes were unstoppable throughout the year – both in the Cup and in Polish Championship. The cup was a little bit more difficult, as our team had to maitain the best shape for a few months. But this mission was completed with a great success and in a very concvincing way. And in September 2018, FutureNet Sailing Team added another throphy: Polish Cup, won in dedicated tournament held in Polish City of Pszczyna.
One of the most basic rules of sports says that’s it’s easier to climb to the top than to stay there. Just to mention the pressure which is bigger when you must defend the trophies. But if you want to be at the very top, you must deal with such pressure. This season, FutureNet Sailing Team will have to go sailing 8 times. The season will start on April 27-28 and will last until October 12-13. After each competition, sailing teams will receive points and the final table will be created basing on the total number of points.
– Last year was amazing for us, as we took the double crown. This year, other crews will try to throw us down from the podium but last year we gained a lot of experience. So, I deeply believe that this year, we will be even better and stronger – says Tomasz Knesiecki, the leader of FutureNet Sailing Team.
Full schedule of Polish Cup in Omega Class:
- 27-28 April, Krynica Morska
- 18-19 May, Pszczyna
- 1-2 June, Wilkasy
- 29-30 June, Powidz
- 17-18 August, Puck
- 6-8 September, Dąbrowa Górnicza (together with Polish Championship tournament)
- 21-22 September, Lubiatów
- 12-13 October, Międzychód (the final regatta of Polish Cup)